U.S. 5th Circuit general order
19 March 2020
The U.S. Fifth Circuit has posted a general order responding to the COVID-19 emergency. To download a copy, follow this link. Here are the highlights:
- The order confirms cancellation of in-person oral arguments that were set for March 30 to April 2, 2020 in New Orleans.
- The John Minor Wisdom Courthouse (housing the U.S. Fifth Circuit) is closed until further notice.
- The clerk's office remains open for telephone, electronic, and mail operations.
- If you need to make a paper filing, call the clerk's office at (504) 310-7637 to coordinate delivery at the ground floor of the Hebert Building (housing the clerk’s office).
- The requirement to file paper copies is suspended until further notice. The clerk may require paper copies on a case-by-case basis.
- All current deadlines remain in effect except for those requiring paper copies. (This is in contrast to the Louisiana courts of appeal that have suspended deadlines following the governor’s executive order.)
- The court intends to schedule oral arguments for April 27 through April 30.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.