The Louisiana Second Circuit has issued a supplemental order, signed yesterday, responding to the COVID-19 emergency. To download a copy of the March 23 order, follow this link. This order supplements the provisions and restrictions in the court’s prior orders of March 13, three order of March 15 (governing fax and electronic filing, partial court closure), and restriction of courthouse access, and March 19 by adding the following:
- All filings must be made remotely, by either e-filing, mail, or fax (no in-person filing).
- The court will temporarily accept fax filings, but only with prior notice to and permission from the clerk of court.
- Fees for fax filing or e-filing are to be mailed or shipped separately.
- Requests to borrow records and exhibits must be made by email.
- Persons returning records to the court must use “trackable means.” U.S. Mail, UPS, FedEx, or other commercial carriers are okay; just make sure to get a tracking number.
To download a PDF copy of the March 23 order, follow this link.